April 13, 2020

Why Homeschool is Awesome: A Kid's List


A couple weeks ago a relative asked W if he was telling all his friends about homeschooling right now, since he's an old hand at it. We got talking about it afterward and he liked the idea of telling other kids, who might be mad they couldn't see their friends right now, the good things he thought they should know about homeschool. I told him if he wrote his thoughts down, I would type it up and it could be a "guest post" here. :) So without further ado, here is my 9-year-old's list, straight from him.

Why I Like Homeschool:

It's actually more fun than normal schooling.

You can go places (not right now).

You won't have to wait five minutes with your hand in the air.

If you want to learn something cool you can just do it.

You never have to be like, "I have no clue, this is way too hard" or, "this is too easy, so I'll just doodle on my white board."

You never have to feel lonely, because your family is there.

You can make up your own field trips.

I couldn't get over not seeing my [school] friends as much at first, but I got used to it and homeschool's awesome.

In school, you can't ever take a break to pet your dog or cat.

You don't have to worry about boring drives to school every day. With homeschool it's just like, aaaaannd, start!

No comments:

Post a Comment